Posted: Oct 31, 2016
Finalists Announced for Second-Annual OPTIMA Ultimate Film Festival
Today, OPTIMA® Batteries announced 10 finalists for the second-annual OPTIMA Ultimate Film Festival, including eight short films and two action cam films. More than 40 entries were received, ranging from hot rods and off-road vehicles to iconic automotive painters. Here is a compilation of these finalist videos. The finalists include:
Short Film Category
- Jesse Wood – John Cirone loved his S13, and everywhere he went, it turned heads. When he decided to pick up a Mini Cooper S, he regained the emotion and love for driving he lost while pursuing the perfect car.
- TJ Galmut – A Toyota Tercel isn’t what most would consider an enthusiast car, but there’s a dedicated group of people who have put time and money into making them fun.
- Danny Puckett – Race cars aren’t cheap, but few things are as fun; just ask Pat Goodin and his buddies.
- Pavel Suslov – Newcombs Ranch is a California institution for motorcyclists and car enthusiasts alike; this is the story of how it came to be.
- Taylor Best – Circuit of the Americas is one of the premiere race tracks in the world. Showtime Motorsports, long-time competitors in OPTIMA’s Search for the Ultimate Street Car, gives a behind-the-scenes look at their experience at COTA.
- Eric White – House of Kolor is a legendary name in the world of custom cars and this film shares how icon Jon Kosmoski built his legendary brand.
- Taylor McGohan – When you want to stand out of a crowd, you have to think outside the box. True Street Performance did just that with the creation of TSP 1000, a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 with more than 1,000 horsepower.
- Steve Ketner – A police chase in an urban wasteland can only be accurately described as Road Fury.
Action Cam Category
- TJ Keon – Just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Watch drivers fling their cars sideways on a frozen lake.
- Andrew Laputka – A Nissan cargo van. An empty parking lot. And one question. Will it Drift?
Finalist films were chosen by a panel of industry experts and influencers based on compelling storytelling, authenticity and creativity. This year’s judges are:
- Ryan Tuerck, Formula Drift
- David Freiburger, Roadkill
- Fred Williams, Dirt Every Day/4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
- Matt Farrah, The Smoking Tire/Drive Network
The second-annual OPTIMA Ultimate Film Festival event is on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at the Foundry at the SLS Las Vegas from 7 – 11 p.m. This year’s sponsors include Detroit Speed, Falken Tires, HP Tuners, K&N, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Lucas Oil, Magnaflow, Powerstop Brakes and Spectre Performance.