Posted: Oct 09, 2017
OPTIMA Activities at 2017 SEMA Show
OPTIMA® Batteries, a global leader in high-performance automotive and marine batteries and digital battery chargers, will introduce the “Ultimate Battery Torture Test” Augmented Reality Experience at the 2017 SEMA Show.
At the OPTIMA Batteries booth #20323, participants will go behind-the-scenes at five different epic battery torture tests and get to meet the drivers, see the vehicles and visit the tracks, all in stunning 3D holographic augmented reality. Show attendees will be able to:
- Experience the legendary Nürburgring 24-hour race course in Germany with James Clay and his team in their BMW 328i.
- Race up the12.42 miles and 156 turns at Pikes Peak with James Clay in his BMW E92 M3 in the International Hill Climb in Colorado.
- Weave through the carnage and heavy-hitters at a county fair demolition derby with Alex Hatem in a 1989 BMW 325i E30 chassis.
- Punish the county fair Tractor Pull with Wayne and Donnie Sullivan.
- Navigate the rocky, mountainous terrain of the Johnson Valley desert at King of the Hammers with Lucas Murphy in his Ultra4.
- Go for a Land Speed Record pushing past 400 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats with Danny Thompson in the Challenger 2.
“The groundbreaking holographic technology is incredible; participants will get the chance to meet our OPTIMA drivers, travel to legendary race tracks and see top performance vehicles go through the torture tests we’ve conducted via realistic 3D holograms – all while standing in our booth on the SEMA Show floor,” said Cam Douglass, Director of Marketing, OPTIMA Batteries, Johnson Controls.
The experience is free and runs all week during SEMA. The first 2,000 participants will receive a 3D Holographic Projection Pyramid that will give them exclusive access to the OPTIMA Batteries holographic content through their own mobile devices.
OPTIMA Batteries will also be hosting a press conference during the SEMA Show on Tuesday, October 31 at 3:30 p.m. The press conference will be hosted by an industry influencer to-be-announced at booth #20323. This event is a must-see experience filled with exciting new product announcements from OPTIMA.
In addition to the activities at the SEMA Show, the OPTIMA Search for the Ultimate Street Car Invitational (OUSCI) will return to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the 2017 OPTIMA Invitational will follow the SEMA Show on Saturday, November 4, and Sunday, November 5. Vehicles from the SEMA Show floor have the chance to be selected for a Golden Ticket to participate in the prestigious and elite event. Interested participants can submit their vehicle for consideration for a Golden Ticket in advance of the show via an application form. A total of ten Golden Ticket winners will be announced at the drivers meeting on Thursday, November 2, at 1:30 p.m. at the OPTIMA Batteries booth #20323.
Spectators are invited to experience the OUSCI. Tickets are available for $20 each here. Visit the OPTIMA Batteries Facebook page to get the latest news and updates and use the #OUSCl hashtag to track social media conversations around the 2017 OPTIMA Invitational.