Why does an OPTIMA® battery have a longer life than other batteries?
The main reasons the OPTIMA battery has a longer life are:
- There is no shedding of active paste material
- The SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY® immobilizes the plates, preventing the active paste from working loose, which can cause plate-to-plate shorting
- It utilizes a high-purity lead grid
- The grid material in OPTIMA batteries is more resistant to grid degradation – a type of internal corrosion that affects the plates inside a battery as it ages
- The completely sealed design prevents loss of water, which can lead to plate dry-out and failure
OPTIMA batteries have increased ability to withstand the high demands being placed on batteries today, including high-heat situations, heavy electronic loads and increased vibration. The SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY® in an OPTIMA battery is what keeps it from shedding active material that gives a battery power. This technology also extends an OPTIMA battery’s cycling ability.
What is the expected battery life of a car battery?
How your battery is used and maintained will affect how long it will last.