Catching up with OPTIMA-sponsored angler, Tommy Skarlis
If you've never heard of Tommy Skarlis, check out this list of accomplishments-
- 2009 Champion - A.I.M. Pro Walleye Series – Saginaw Bay
- 2008 FLW Walleye Tour Champion
- World Record Holder - Largest Professional Walleye Tournament Total Weight.
(3-Day Total of 15 walleyes weighing 138.28 lbs – a 9.22 lb average)
- 2007 Ironman Champion – www.walleyesfirst.com
- 2005 Ranger Cup Champion
- 2004 Ranger Cup Champion
- 2004 Angler of the Year - In-Fisherman Professional Walleye Trail
- 2004 Champion – PWT Winnebago Chain – Winneconne, Wisconsin
- 2003 Champion - PWT Lake Erie – Dunkirk, New York
- 2002 Champion - PWT Lake Erie – Port Clinton, Ohio
- 2001 Champion - PWT Detroit River – Trenton, Michigan.
- 1997 Masters Walleye Circuit Team of the Year.
- 1996 Masters Walleye Circuit Big Stone Champion.
- 13 time straight PWT Championship Qualifier.
- 6 time straight MWC Championship Qualifier
- 9 time straight RCL/FLW Championship Qualifier
- 1 time A.I.M. Pro Walleye Series Championship Qualifier
It is fair to say Tommy has accomplished quite a bit in his fishing career and recently, the folks at WalleyeCentral.com had a chance to sit down with Tommy, as well as holding an online chat with him. If you missed out on the online chat, you can read a brief interview with him here. In it, Tommy talks new baits, plans for 2012 and his involvement in social media (you can "Like" his Facebook fan page here.)
OPTIMA proudly sponsors Tommy and we wish him good luck and continued success in 2012!