Run to the Alamo & Qualify for the 2012 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational!
We're less than two weeks from the TV debut of the 2011 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational (OUSCI) on SPEED and already the first qualifier for the 2012 OUSCI is upon us. This weekend, some of the most-amazing street cars from around the country will converge on San Marcos, Texas for the 2012 Run To The Alamo (RTTA).
The RTTA will take place at Harris Hill Road Raceway and will be the first of nine qualifying events for the 2012 OUSCI. For more information on this event, please visit The American Street Car Series website. Even if your car isn't quite ready to hit the track, just checking out these events in advance of running your own vehicle can be a great learning experience. The Run To The Alamo features a Friday night cruise, which can be a great opportunity to see these cars up close and talk to the drivers about what they've done to prepare for the event.
Texans will be glad to know if they miss out on this opportunity to qualify for the 2012 OUSCI, they will have another chance later this year at the OPTIMA Faceoff in Arlington, following the Hot Rod magazine Power Tour on June 9th. This is the list of the other known qualifiers and we hope to see you and your car or track at one of them!
- Run to the Coast (Irvine, CA): March 9-11
- The OPTIMA® Faceoff at HOT ROD Power Tour* (Arlington, TX): June 9th
- The OPTIMA® Faceoff at Road America* (Elkhart Lake, WI): June 22-24
- Motorstate Challenge (South Haven, MI): July 13-15
- The OPTIMA® Faceoff at MPH Nebraska/ Sandhills Open Road Challenge* (Hastings, NE) August 8-12
- Holley LSFest (Bowling Green, KY): September 7-9
- Silver State Classic Challenge* (Ely, NV): September 12-16
- Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Nationals (Norwalk, OH): September 21-23
*Indicates that there will be more than one OUSCI invite given out during the event.