The 2011 OUSCI Field Takes Shape
OPTIMA® Batteries, the global leader in high-performance automotive and marine batteries, prepares for the fourth annual OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational, presented by KN Filters and Wilwood Disc Brakes, by revealing the second round of qualifiers invitees.
This next round represents a variety of industry-leading muscle cars, pro-touring cars, and hot rods, from both import and domestic manufacturers. The current list of drivers range from newcomer enthusiasts to seasoned industry veterans. Initial qualifiers invitees were recruited through a series of events of similar format that tested drivers’ skills and vehicle performance power.
The following participants make up the second group of qualifiers invitees, who have earned a spot to compete in this year’s OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational:
· Jason Childress, ‘69 Ford Mustang
· Mike Copeland, ‘11 Chevy Camaro
· Pete Callaway, ‘08 Chevy Callaway Corvette
· Matt Farah, ‘98 Chevy Corvette
· Rob Ferreti, ‘01 Chevy Corvette
· Mitch Greenblatt, ‘08 Mercedes CLK63
· Andrew Herold, ‘72 Chevy Camaro
· Scott Hoag, ‘11 Ford Mustang
· Randy Johnson, ‘69 AMX
· Albert Melchior, '70 Pontiac Formula
· Allan Miller, ‘10 Chevy Camaro
· Carlos Monterrubio, ‘73 Nissan 240Z
· Terry Neuville, ‘68 Chevy Camaro
· Joe Shown, ’90 Corvette ZR1
· Marty Sokulski, ‘68 Dodge Charger
· Filip Trojanek, ‘66 Ford Mustang
· Curt Ukasic, ‘62 Chevy Nova
· Mark Wetterau, ‘69 Chevy Camaro
The first round of finalists was announced to the public on September 19th and included Mark Stielow (2010 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational Champion) and the following drivers and cars:
· Vinnie Allegretta, ‘69 Chevy Camaro
· Erik Cederberg, ‘10 Chevy Camaro
· Carmine Dell Aquila,’10 Nissan GTR
· Hartmut Feyhl, Mercedes-Benz RENNtech C74 Widebody
· Brian Finch, ‘72 Chevy Camaro
· Phil Gerber, ‘66 Chevy II
· Wanda Goldberg, ‘70 Pontiac Trans Am
· Matt Harber, Cadillac CTS-V
· JF Launier, ‘57 Chevy
· Dan Livezey, ‘69 Chevy Corvette
· Mike Musto, ‘69 Dodge Daytona
· Brian Moat, ‘70 Pontiac Firebird
· Dan Oliver, ‘11 Ford Mustang
· Zeke Peterson, TT VR6 AWD Volkswagen Beetle RSI
· Danny Popp, ’06 Chevy Corvette
· Mary Pozzi, ‘72 Chevy Camaro
· Kyle Tucker, ‘70 Chevy Camaro
· Stacy Tucker, ’69 Chevy Camaro
· Bret Voelkel, ‘67 Chevy Camaro
The final list of drivers and vehicles will be announced at SEMA. “While the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational has gained significant attention and interest within the performance automotive aftermarket industry over the past few years, it’s the amazing vehicles and high level of driver talent that make the competition thrilling,” says Cam Douglass, Director of Product Development and Marketing for OPTIMA Batteries. “There are some standout participants this year and I, personally, am excited to see what the competition will bring.”
While the majority of the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational participants have been selected, there is still one additional opportunity to make the final cut. During the SEMA Show, a committee made up of OPTIMA and industry representatives will walk the show floor in Las Vegas, looking for the best of the best across all vehicle segments. This final search will be promoted during the show and the final vehicle invitations will be awarded during the SEMA Show at the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational press conference to be held on Thursday, November 3rd at 11:30 a.m. PT in the OPTIMA Batteries booth# 22755, located in the center hall.
The Invitational will take place at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, a state-of-the-art racing facility in Pahrump, Nevada, during the first week of November. The Invitational brings in some of the top automotive talent, highly-modified vehicles, credible racing veterans and fresh talent with undiscovered street machines.
The main race activity of the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational takes place on Saturday, November 5th and will offer something for every race fan with the BFGoodrich Hot Lap Challenge, the Ridetech Autocross Challenge, the Wilwood Disc Brakes Speed Stop Challenge, and the Raybestos Performance and Design Challenge. The Detroit Speed and Engineering Road Rally will occur the day before, following the close of the SEMA Show.
New this year, fans will be able to view the action from the front row for the first time ever. A limited number of spectator tickets will be available for purchase and less than 700 remain as of today. Spectators and fans can purchase tickets online through November 4, 2011, or until the event sells out.
Sponsors of the 2011 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational include the presenting sponsors, KN Filters and Wilwood Disc Brakes, and the race event sponsors, including BFGoodrich, Ridetech, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Raybestos, Detroit Speed and Engineering and MagnaFlow. Additionally, The Roadster Shop is an associate sponsor for the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Click here for the official rules and more information on the event.