The 2011 OUSCI Field Takes Shape
- OPTIMA Batteries
- Pahrump, NV
OPTIMA Batteries prepares for the fourth annual OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational, presented by K&N Filters and Wilwood Disc Brakes, by revealing the second round of invitees. This next round represents a variety of industry-leading muscle cars, pro-touring cars, and hot rods, from both import and domestic manufacturers. The current list of drivers range from new enthusiasts to seasoned industry veterans. Initial invitees were recruited through a series of events of similar format that tested drivers’ skills and vehicle performance power.
The following participants make up the second group of invitees, who have earned a spot to compete in this year’s OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational:
· Jason Childress, 1969 Ford Mustang
· Mike Copeland, 2011 Chevrolet Camaro
· Pete Callaway, 2008 Chevrolet Corvette
· Matt Farah, 1998 Chevrolet Corvette
· Rob Ferreti, 1998 Toyota Supra
· Scott Hoag, 2012 Ford Mustang
· Randy Johnson, 1969 AMC AMX
· Albert Melchior, 1970 Pontiac Formula
· Andrew Monterrubio, 1974 Datsun 240Z
· Terry Neuville, 1968 Chevrolet Camaro
· Joe Shown, 1990 Chevrolet Corvette
· Marty Sokulski, 1968 Dodge Charger
· Filip Trojanek, 1966 Ford Mustang
· Curt Ukasic, 1962 Chevy II Nova
· Stephen Wetterau, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
The first round of finalists was announced to the public on September 19th and included Mark Stielow (2010 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational Champion) and the following drivers and cars:
· Vinnie Allegretta, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
· Erik Cederberg, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
· Carmine Dell Aquila, 2010 Nissan GTR
· Hartmut Feyhl, Mercedes-Benz C74
· Brian Finch, 1972 Chevrolet Camaro
· Phil Gerber, 1966 Chevy II Nova
· Wanda Goldberg, 1970 Pontiac Trans Am
· JF Launier, 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
· Dan Livezey, 1969 Chevrolet Corvette
· Mike Musto, 1969 Dodge Daytona
· Brian Moat, 1970 Pontiac Firebird
· Dan Oliver, 2011 Ford Mustang
· Zeke Peterson, 2002 Volkswagen Beetle RSI
· Danny Popp, 2006 Chevrolet Corvette
· Mary Pozzi, 1972 Chevrolet Camaro
· Kyle Tucker, 1970 Chevrolet Camaro
· Stacy Tucker, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
· Bret Voelkel, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro
The final list of drivers and vehicles will be announced at SEMA. “While the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational has gained significant attention and interest within the performance automotive aftermarket industry over the past few years, it’s the amazing vehicles and high level of driver talent that make the competition thrilling,” says Cam Douglass, Director of Product Marketing for OPTIMA Batteries. “There are some standout participants this year and I, personally, am excited to see what the competition will bring.”
While the majority of the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational participants have been selected, there is still one additional opportunity to make the final cut. During the SEMA Show, a committee made up of OPTIMA and industry representatives will walk the show floor in Las Vegas, looking for the best of the best across all vehicle segments. This final search will be promoted during the show and the final vehicle invitations will be awarded during the SEMA Show at the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational press conference to be held on Thursday, November 3rd at 11:30 a.m. PT in the OPTIMA Batteries booth# 22755, located in Central Hall.
The Invitational will take place at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, a state-of-the-art racing facility in Pahrump, Nevada, during the first weekend of November. The Invitational brings in some of the top automotive talent, highly-modified vehicles, credible racing veterans and fresh talent with undiscovered street machines.
The main race activity of the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational takes place on Saturday, November 5th and will offer something for every race fan with the BFGoodrich Hot Lap Challenge, the Ridetech Autocross Challenge, the Wilwood Disc Brakes Speed Stop Challenge, and the Raybestos Performance and Design Challenge. The Detroit Speed and Engineering Road Rally will occur the day before, following the close of the SEMA Show.
New this year, fans will be able to view the action from the front row for the first time ever. A limited number of spectator tickets will be available for purchase through November 4, 2011, or until the event sells out.
Sponsors of the 2011 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational include the presenting sponsors, K&N Filters and Wilwood Disc Brakes, and the race event sponsors, including BFGoodrich, Ridetech, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Raybestos, Detroit Speed and Engineering and MagnaFlow. Additionally, The Roadster Shop is an associate sponsor for the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Click here to see all the past TV coverage from this iconic event for free, on-demand on the OPTIMA Network on Roku.